Research Associate (San Diego, CA)
DNAtrix has an immediate opening in San Diego, CA for a Research Associate with experience in molecular biology and virology. Successful candidates will provide technical support to senior scientists in the lab for collaborative projects with the goal of developing and characterizing oncolytic viral therapeutics to treat cancer. Candidates will be expected to perform a variety of molecular, cell biological and biochemical laboratory techniques including, but not limited to: tissue culture, molecular cloning, PCR, ELISA, and cell-based assays. Dependent upon skill set and years of experience, this position may also be hired as a Research Associate 1, 2, or 3.
Under general direction, the responsibilities of the research associate include:
- Development and execution of molecular and cell-based assays for validation and characterization of candidate biological therapeutics.
- Providing technical support for projects led by laboratory scientists.
- Assisting with virus production to provide high quality reagents for use by laboratory personnel and collaborators.
- Assisting with lab organization and maintenance.
- Data entry and use of laboratory software applications.
Under specific direction, will perform a variety of routine scientific tasks. May prepare test specimens; set up and operate standard lab equipment of moderate complexity; record data providing basic analysis and interpretations; perform a limited number of non-repetitive procedures; and other related duties and tasks as required or assigned.
DNAtrix is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual who has/is:
- The ability to multi-task, rapidly learn new research assays, and accurately record and process data.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to be responsible, organized, and a problem solver.
- Strong analytical, time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires a B.A. or B.S. degree in biology, biochemistry, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
- University level course work in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology is required.
- Previous laboratory experience with basic molecular and cellular biology and virology techniques beyond university coursework is desired.
- Coursework in genetics, immunology, virology and protein biochemistry is a plus.
- Experience with basic molecular and cellular biology techniques including cloning, PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, and mammalian tissue culture.
- Experience with basic immunological techniques including flow cytometry and ELISA.
- Experience with virus purification procedures including affinity, size exclusion and/or ion exchange chromatography is a plus.
- Biotechnology company, contract research organization, or other industry experience is a plus.
Posted on: April 26, 2018
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest, availability, and experience in PDF format to: careers@DNAtrix.com. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
DNAtrix is an equal-opportunity employer. Thank you for considering a career with DNAtrix.